© AB Technology Group 2007-2009
End Wrap Tape
Velcro® is a registered trademark
of Velcro Industries B.V.
High-Temperature and Heat Resistant Silicone Rubber Coated Fiberglass
500°F / 260°C continuous rating with weld splatter / molten metal splash protection
· High temperature and heat resistant silicone rubber coated fiberglass sleeve (firesleeve), aviation
grade AS1072 firesleeve, marine grade firesleeve, industrial grade firesleeve, firesleeve with velcro,
tape, rope and fabric products are used to protect critical hydraulic hoses, lines, wiring and cables
from heat, flame, molten metal splash, slag, welding splatter, grinding sparks, contamination, ozone,
UV and abrasion. Fabricated from a thick braided heavy-duty fiberglass sleeve plus the added
protection of a thick layer of high-temperature silicone rubber.
AB Technology Group is a manufacturer and distributor of High Temperature, Heat Resistant and Thermal Insulation Materials such as Firesleeve.
Very High Temperature and Heat Resistant Fiberglass Protection Materials
1000°F / 537°C continuous rating, high insulation value & excellent personnel protection
· Very high temperature and heat resistant fiberglass sleeve and tape products are used to protect a
wide range of hoses, lines, tubes, wires and cables from high temperatures and flame. Often the
sleeve products are used in layers to provide additional protection and insulation value. Perfect
where molten metal exposure is not an issue and a lower cost alternative to silicone rubber coated
fiberglass (firesleeve). Fabric and tape is available with a Pressure Sensitive Adhesive coating.
Many items are suitable for hot work protection during welding operations.
· Very high temperature and heat resistant fiberglass rope is mostly used as a seal on oven and kiln
doors, residential fireplace doors and other high temperature gasket applications and as a
packing for industrial valves and pumps.
· Very high temperature and heat resistant fiberglass fabrics & needled fiberglass insulation is used
to drape, shield and insulate various industrial, commercial, marine and aerospace components
such as valves, actuators, hydraulic cylinders, electronic enclosures, air handling ducts, engine
exhaust and muffler systems. Various weights and finishes are available.
· Very high temperature and heat resistant heavy duty tadpole gaskets are used to seal valve
gates and actuators.
· Very high temperature and heat resistant kiln seals with rope core or metallic mesh bulbs, jacketed
in stainless mesh for high cycle abrasion resistance.
· Standard tadpole gaskets are smaller and more flexible than heavy duty: perfect for smaller
commercial & laboratory oven and kiln doors.
Metallic Sleeve & Metal Mesh Rope
Provides unique protection of hose and cable, adds EMI/RFI protection. Makes a gasket with excellent compression push-back. Stainless and Inconel Steel.
Hose & Cable Abrasion Protection Products
Nylon scuff & hose blowout protection sleeve / Hard-shell protection wrap
EAF Cable Cover
· Abrasion resistance for hoses and cables that are moved regularly or flex in operation can be
provided by using ScuffSleeveä, available as a sewn sleeve or a sleeve with Velcro for easy
retrofit, inspection or replacement.
· TuffWrapä spiral sleeve is particularily suited for protection of Hoses and Cables on mobile
machinery or where continual movement, flex and abrasion are encountered.
· 500°F High-Temperature Silicone Rubber Coated Fiberglass, including firesleeve
· 1500°F Very-High Temperature Vermiculite Coated
· 1000°F Very-High-Temperature Fiberglass
· Metallic Stainless Steel Sleeve & Mesh Rope
· Hose & Cable Abrasion Protection Products
· These high-temperature and heat resistant protection materials, including firesleeve and fire-blankets
are used in a variety of industries including metal and glass processing, metal and petrochemical
refinery operations, smelters, steel mills and foundries; where these products protect plant assets
from harsh environments. Firesleeve and other high-temperature protection materials reduce
failures, plant down-time, maintenance spending and also protect personnel. In fact, any facility with
a hot process such as an oven, kiln or heat treatment machinery can use many of our products. We
custom fabricate covers for equipment cabinets, valves, exhaust system components, EAF Cable,
festoons, etc. EasyInstallä EAF Cable Covers are produced with our heaviest molten splash
resistant materials, and include a 2" wide Velcro closure for maximum installation flexibility.
· For Class H and Class C wiring protection, our fiberglass ThermaSleeveä with smooth silicone
rubber coating withstands 260°C continuous and peaks of 290°C. Available in 6 wall thicknesses for
electrical dielectric strength of 2kV to over 10kV. UL 1441 / CSA C22.22 listed. May also be used
for hose protection.
· High temperature and heat resistant Sealant is our special formulation of high-temperature silicone
rubber, packaged into a caulking tube, for use on mechanical joints, as a potting compound; anywhere
a high-temperature adhesive/sealant is required. 2 grades: +260°C and +300°C continuous.
· Liquid Seal-Dipä is a special formulation of our high-temperature silicone rubber which is a liquid
until exposed to air, when it cures rapidly into a flexible protective covering of silicone rubber.
Perfect for protecting the ends of sleeve and tape from fraying, or from contamination, and from
wicking liquids such as water, oil, hydraulic fluid, etc. Usually used as a dip for sleeve and rope.
High temperature and heat resistant silicone rubber coated products such as firesleeve withstands Molten
Metal Splash & Welding Splatter, 500°F / 260°C continuous exposure; 2200°F / 1205°C for periods up to
15 minutes and short excursions to 3000°F / 1650°C. In addition to protection, firesleeve, tape and fabric
also provide an insulation value of approximately R2.
Many of our Fiberglass and Silica products are an excellent asbestos alternative, and can be used to replace asbestos cloth, asbestos fabric, asbestos sleeve and asbestos insulation, commonly used for wiring and pipe insulation.
The following are trademarks of AB Technology Group:
EasyInstallä, PiroSleeveä, SnapSleeveä, InfraFlectä, ScuffSleeveä, TuffWrapä, FestoonShieldä, ThermalShieldä, InsulBattä, ThermaSleeveä, ThermaTapeä, ThermaRopeä, ThermaTubeä
Extreme High-Temperature and Heat Resistant Silica Protection Materials
Silica protection products with 2300°F / 1260°C continuous rating
· Generally, Silica high-temperature products can be used to 2000°F / 1093°C continuously, and
2300°F / 1260°C for extended periods without degradation. It melts above 3000°F / 1648°C.
· Silica sleeve; braided and texturized. Standard wall thickness is 1/16" and heavy wall is 1/8".
· Silica tapes: · available as a slit tape from fabric roll. 0.090" thick. Available with a pressure
sensitive adhesive for easy fitting and placement. 1" through 6" widths.
· available as a folded and stitched tape by layering 0.090" fabric. 1/8", 3/16"
and 1/4" thickness available.
· available as a woven tape, easy to wrap a radius of 90 degrees without
buckling, 1/8" and 1/4" thickness (1/4" is stitched).
· Silica cloth fabric is available in 0.030, 0.054 and 0.090". Pressure sensitive coating available.
· Silica ropes; available as a knitted rope, twisted rope and square braided rope.
· Silica needled insulation is an excellent alternative or replacement for RCF (Refractory Ceramic
Fiber) and asbestos insulation. Available 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" thickness.
· Many items are suitable for hot work protection during welding operations.
Some products are available with specialty
coatings, such as PTFE, Vermiculite & pressure sensitive adhesive.
Product photo boarders are color coded based on the maximum continuous
rating; many products have higher short exposure ratings - but you should also
consider the application when choosing a product; such as molten splash, weld
splatter, infrared shielding or abrasion resistance.
Fiberglass Products Withstand 1000°F / 537°C continuous exposure; with excursions to 1200°F / 648°C. In addition to protection, sleeve and tape can also provide an insulation value.
· 550°F High-Temperature PTFE (teflon) Coated
· 550°F High-Temperature Solid & Expanded PTFE (teflon)
· 2000°F Extreme-Temperature Silica
· 2300°F Extreme-Temperature +Plus Ceramic Fiber
· 550°F High-Temperature Aluminized Radiant Heat Reflective
· 1000°F Very-High-Temperature Graphite Coated Fiberglass
· Silicone Rubber Strip Heaters, Silicone Tubing, Silicone Caps, Plugs, Mouldings
· Sheet Gasket & Packing Materials · Silicone Sealants, Adhesives and Dips
· 550°F High-Temperature "Tacky Cloth" Gaskets & Seals
High / Very High / Extreme Temperature Sleeves, Ropes, Tapes and Fabrics
High / Very High Temperature Gasket and Seal Products
Specialty High Temperature, Abrasion Protection & Gasket / Seal Products
Need to convert units
Very High Temperature and Heat Resistant Vermiculite Coated Fiberglass Protection Materials
1500°F / 815°C continuous rating, high insulation value and excellent personnel protection
· Very High Temperature and heat resistant fiberglass base fabric is totally impregnated with
vermiculite dispersant, resulting in a product with higher continuous temperature capability and
added abrasion resistance.
· Vermiculite coated sleeve can be used for the same applications and plain Fiberglass materials, plus
it can also be used to protect copper and aluminum tubing.
· Many items are suitable for hot work protection during welding operations.
Extreme +Plus High-Temperature and Heat Resistant Ceramic Protection Materials
Ceramic protection products with 2300°F / 1260°C continuous rating
Vermiculite Coated Sleeve
Vermiculite Coated Tape
Vermiculite Coated Rope
Vermiculite Coated Fabric
Very High-Temperature and Heat Resistant Graphite Coated Protection Materials
1000°F / 537°C continuous rating, Graphite offer s a no-stick surface for molten materials, along with extreme lubrication and electrical conductivity.
High-Temperature, Heat & Chemical Resistant PTFE (Teflon) Coated Protection Materials
Fiberglass based materials with PTFE (Teflon) offers high temperature resistance and exceptional chemical resistance
HIGH VERY HIGH EXTREME EXTREME +PLUS
· Made from a combination of SiO2 and AL2O3 fibers.
· Same applications and uses as the Silica materials in the above section, but rated to
higher continuous exposure.
· An excellent replacement for asbestos materials.
· Melts above 3000°F / 1648°C.
EMI / RFI
Solid Wire Mesh Cable
& Hollow Wire Sleeves
· Metal mesh can be used as the filler in tadpole bulbs.
· Metal sleeved rope provides excellent abrasion resistance for high cycle kiln doors.
· 550°F / 287°C continuous use in harsh chemical environments.
High-Temperature and Heat Resistant Radiant Heat Reflective Protection Materials
Fiberglass based with aluminized coating reflects over 95% of the radiant heat striking its surface.
· Available as a fabric, which can be fabricated into sleeves, covers, etc.
Graphite Coated Sleeve
Graphite Coated Rope
Solid and Expanded PTFE (Teflon) High-Temperature, Heat Resistant & Chemical Resistance Gasket Materials
550°F / 287°F continuous rating with exceptional chemical resistance
· Available as a sleeve and rope
Specialty High-Temperature Silicone Products and Custom Fabrications
Standard temperature up to +260C and High Temperature up to +350C
· EPTFE Expanded PTFE (expanded Teflon) Joint Seal
· PTFE (Teflon) Ring Gaskets
· PTFE (Teflon) Full Face Gaskets and Envelope Gaskets
· EPTFE Expanded PTFE (expanded Teflon) Tadpole Gaskets
"Tacky Cloth" High Temperature and Heat Resistant Gasket Fabric, Tape, Luting, Groove Packing & Handhole Gaskets
550°F / 287°F continuous rating
· "Tacky Cloth" is a fiberglass base with a special white rubber formulation that remains tacky.
· Faced with a protective film that is removed before installation.
· A wire inserted version has a twisted brass wire formed with the fill yarns, providing
· A dusted version is available (prevents self-sticking) and a red & black version.
"Tacky" luting & grove packing
· Pure Silicone Tubing, Caps and Plugs. Industrial Grade. Rated to 500F continuous use.
· FDA approved silicone tubing for water, food and pharmaceutical manufacturing.
· Silicone Rubber Strip Heaters - 5 watts per inch, 120 & 220 VAC. UL & CSA.
· Custom extruded silicone profiles, sponge, cord, sheet and seals.
· Silicone compound for customer use: please visit www.siliconetechnologies.com
Fabric & Fireblanket
Ring & Full Face
Kiln Door Seals
High Temp Sealant
Have a Question? Need Help?
Need a Quote? Need to Order?
Phone 610-906-3549 or use our Contact Form
Specialty Fire Retardant / Fireproof Products
· Fire Retardant & Intumescent Spray, Paint, Coatings and Firestops
Specialty High Temperature and Fire Retardant / Fireproof Products
Heat, Fire Retardant & Intumescent Spray, Paint, Coatings & Firestops
· Intumescent substances swell and char as a result of heat and flame exposure; increasing their
volume and decreasing their density. Typically used in passive heat and fire protection.
· "A" Class Fire Retardant spray for curtains, fabric & upholstery meets CAN/ULC S109. Available
in aerosol cans, crystalline powder for water based spraying, and within paint carriers
for applications to steel, wood, concrete, plastic, paper, cardboard, fabric and composites.
Aerosol Can Fire Retardant Fabric Spray: 35sq/ft
User Mixed Fire Retardant Fabric Spray: 100sq/ft/lb
Intumescent Firestop Paint, Coatings, Putty
Aluminized Heat Reflective Tape
HHP31 Non-Asbestos High Temperature and Heat Resistant Replacement Fabric - Certification Available
1000°F / 537°C continuous rating meeting HHP-31-TY1; NSN 5330-00-027-2535
· Meets HHP-31 F TY1.
· Certification available.
· The base fabric is strengthened with an interwoven stainless steel wire which accounts for
10% of the fabric's weight.
· Each yarn is composed of 3 fiberglass filaments, interwoven with 2 wires, each 304 stainless
steel (.0045" diameter), all twisted together.
Custom Sewn Fabrications - Welding Blankets, Curtains and Shields, Pipe Covers
Various Materials and Temperature Ranges
· Fabrications from any materials on this website and in our catalog.
· Custom fabricated welding blankets, curtains & shields. Kneeling pads. Fabrications suitable for
hot work protection during welding operations.
· Custom pipe and exhaust system covers for generators and motors.
· We can build anything you can design.
Extruded and Moulded Silicone Profiles & Sponge Products
Food & Pharmaceutical
Grade Silicone Tubing
Many of our high temperature, heat & fire resistant products provide OSHA, ANSI-FM & NFPA compliance along with thermal insulation, energy savings and personnel protection.
Silicone Sponge Sleeve
Heat Reflective Sleeve with Velcro
· Very High Temperature and heat resistant fiberglass base material is impregnated with
liquid Teflon (PTFE).
Sleeves: 21 types